Thursday, June 21, 2012

Recon Helmet







Recon Helmet

  My helmet is based off a helmet from Halo 3. It is used in the online portion of the game. The way I created this helmet was by printing out a net on cardstock. I had to build it piece by piece which took a very long time. The next step was to coat it with liquid resin on the outside and fiberglass resin on the inside. This made it rock hard. The last steps were to sand and paint. The additions I made to it were a visor and padding. The helmet took me about five weeks. It was a very tedious and time consuming project but completely worth it. The next thing I would like to do is coat it with Plasti Dip which is a plastic spray on coating much like something you would apply to the handle of a pair of pliers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment