Thursday, June 21, 2012




Self Portrait

    My self portrait images communicate how I feel, excited yet kind of
confused about what is going on in life and school. They also reveal some of my underlying and maybe not so happy thoughts, hiding away. The computer generated portrait is more of a Pop Art style with a crazy colorful trippy background. That is how I show my excitement towards life. My intense background of the painted version, shows the same message but with a different style. The style is more expressionistic. My painted version is quite similar to the computerized version through the expression on my face. Both show a serious, not amused face that reveal my hidden thoughts and problems. The falling upside down, in both images, shows my confusion and discontent.
Overall I found the project fun and beneficial. I liked the painting process more but found it all enjoyable. I think that I showed the viewer how I feel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment