Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sharkbird



Shark bird

  This image was produced from a lino cut. The goal of the of the project was to create a print that was a bird. In my case, I choose something that I had created in my spare time, a Sharkbird. This crazy creation originally was a stuffed animal, half cardinal, half shark. Both were cut in half and then sewed together. I chose to use Sharkbird as my subject matter because in the past I
often experimented with building sculptures out of found objects and parts of toys I had taken apart. The colours I chose for this piece where red for the
cardinal, gray for the shark, blue for the sky and white representing the lines. In the beginning I found this project quite difficult especially because I had to make ten replicas. Some other problems I had were, mixing the paint because some days I could replicate that colour and other days the paint wouldn't want to mix. Registration of each layer was also difficult. Overall I found the project challenging but fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment